Problem with Shower Temperature

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I thought I'd ask on here before pestering my Dad with another DIY query!

We have a bar shower which runs from our combi boiler. Every time the shower is used we're having to adjust the temperature to a higher level so it's getting to the point now where we are near to the highest temperature and it's luke warm. The pressure is fine and we have no other trouble around the house with the hot water temperature from the boiler.

Is it likely to be a fault with the shower is there something we can do to the shower to adjust the temperatue?

I'm afraid we don't have the make or model of shower, it's brandless, we bought it from Tile Depot.

Any help anyone could offer would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I'm afraid we don't have the make or model of shower, it's brandless, we bought it from Tile Depot.

that puts me off straight away.

if the hot pipe to shower is staying hot when showers in use then i would be looking at a shower fault.

check the filters on the inlets first if clean i'd turn to the thermostatic cartridge sticking.

you can soak them in limescale remover to free them up again.

its probably the thermostatic valve worn out, but you,ll need to find the manufacturers name to order spare parts, if you cant then you will have to buy a new shower.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for the replies.

The shower is new, we got it installed with our new bathroom in June this year.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back