Problem with Viessmann Vitoden 111-W

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got the above 4-year old combi boiler which has a built in 40 litre storage tank.

Had a radiator removed and a new towel radiator fitted by a handyman.
Boiler went on the blink after he partially drained the system to also change some pipe work in a bathroom and capped off each side of the radiator return and flow.
F1 but mainly F2 error msgs appear on the boiler LCD and once or twice an F (d) error msg appears.

I manage to get the central heating working again but the hot water seems to throw up an issue and the temp on the boiler fluctuates between 80-110 degrees but then stops working again after making some noises.

Spoke to Viessmann technical who said that it sounds like air trapped in the boiler system itself, probably heat exchanger related and I’d need a service engineer.
I should add that I’ve bled the system and even emptied it by opening the main rad drain valve and opened all radiators to ensure no trapped air.

Called my admiral home emergency policy who sent someone with what I considered to have broken English. He says he "thinks" the pump is weak. I think he’s talking rubbish. I managed to get the heating working by switching off the hot water in the config settings and it works. I then set the hot water at 30 degrees so we at least get some tepid water and the boiler does not get too hot. Anything higher and we eventually get the F2 errors again.

Any idea what this sounds like?

Sponsored Links
Have now been told its the one of the heat exchangers that is the issue - sludge in the system.

I would be very worried if the system water was at 110 C.

I expect that I would want to keep at least 30m away! And find someone to go inside and turn it off!

Sponsored Links
It has safety cut outs preventing it from getting any hotter and the fan throws out excess heat, so it’s fine. But that still needs sorting.
The plate heat exchanger is blocked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back