Problems with a Glow Worm Economy 80F

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

My GlowWorm boiler appeared to pack in the other day, having had a look I noticed that the fan did not kick in when a call for central heating was made. I tested the pump to find it was duff so ordered a new one and fitted it. Immediately the fan started and the ignition kicked in. This has led to other problems though. The pilot takes a fair while to light (up to 30 mins) and once the boiler is lit does not stop sparking for about 30 mins.

Having looked at my instructions it leads me to believe that the PCB might be the suspect part, however knowing that these aren't cheap I hoped that you might be able to offer me some advice before I either replace this or get a gas engineer to check it out.

Luckily I'm not without heat or hot water, I've just had to set my programmers 30 mins earlier :)

If you need any more information then just let me know

Teggs

Sponsored Links
lead to igniter could be shorting to case, common problem with this boiler

Thanks for the advice, I'll check it out although there seems to be no visible sign that this is the case. I'll keep you informed!

T

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back