Problems with substraight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Rendered all four walks of an internal room a month ago.

Tried to multi finish it this week so day before I 2 coat soaked in 1:5 PVA. Day after I used same mix of PVA to cover again and let go tacky.

Whilst plastering the mix dried REALLY quickly and was sooooo difficult to work with.

Any idea what the problem was and how I can avoid it happening with the other walls?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Rendered all four walks of an internal room a month ago.

Tried to multi finish it this week so day before I 2 coat soaked in 1:5 PVA. Day after I used same mix of PVA to cover again and let go tacky.

Whilst plastering the mix dried REALLY quickly and was sooooo difficult to work with.

Any idea what the problem was and how I can avoid it happening with the other walls?

Thanks

Don't use pva, wet the wall down :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
no pva if youve put waterproofer in the mix if you havent your goin to need more than water to hold the suction back.
did you put waterproofer in the sand and cement, if you did and still pvad the walls that should have been hanging for ages

no pva if youve put waterproofer in the mix if you havent your goin to need more than water to hold the suction back.
did you put waterproofer in the sand and cement, if you did and still pvad the walls that should have been hanging for ages

How do you work that out then? Give s/c walls enough to drink and it won't suck, it's basic.

yeah ok then just sit there for ages weting down a wall in someones house or just find something else that needs one application and your good to go sand and cement without water proofer needs plenty of water to hold back the suction, or you could just stick a bit of waterproofer in the sand and cement and little dab of water then skim.
diddnt say you was wrong just wetting down sand and cement without waterproofer is too messy takes too long

Ok.... 2 of the walls has "renderguard" in them and 2 of the walls are a combination of the month old render and skimmed wall from years ago.

What do you suggest for the walls that are mix and match and what about for the rendered walls?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back