Problems with Vaillant 828 TurboMAX

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Woke up to a New Yr boiler problem this morning

Have a 12-13 yr old Vaillant 828 TurboMAX, in that time it's had a diverter valve change, air pressure switch change & timer clock change.

This morning I have the green light flashing, no warning / lock out light (red light) & the amber light isn't coming on either. Digital display is working fine

No hot water or central heating at all. No error codes showing either.

Any ideas at all? I'm thinking maybe the air pressure switch is gone again?

Sponsored Links
Pre-heat active , press the Info button to check the status.

Thanks for the reply Gasescape

Pressed the info button + it says ' 5.23' or is it 'S.23'.......on the manual it says that display is 'Ignition sequence, warm start'.

Turn the warm stat function off ( hot water dial anti-clockwise until light goes off ) , then turn c/h on & re-check status code if boiler does not come on

Sponsored Links
Turned the HW dial fully anti-clockwise, the flashing green light went off.

Then turned on the CH, but no joy.

When I switched on the CH the 'info' button showed status of S.02 (pump running, pre-ignition), then S.03 (ignition sequence) + then finally S.33 (check air / flue system).

Air pressure switch fault?

Yes , however you'll need a Gas safe engineer to to establish the exact fault.

Many thanks for your time Gasescape

I did replace the APS approx 6-7 yrs ago myself, wouldn't I be ok just replacing it myself again?

Can't find any stockists open today tho, may have to wait until tomorrow.

Forum rules do not allow advise on DIY gas work ,
Safety checks need to be carried out when carrying out specific gas repairs .
Hence the advice for a gas safe engineer.

Just changed the APS for a new part, still giving the exactly the same problem?

Any ideas, or time to call in a professional?

As said best to call a gasman , can't give any advice that requires opening the combustion chamber :cry:

All the best

Brief update

Had the expert out last night, the prognosis was the fan is on it's way out. He basically got it running again & lubricated it with an oil spray (WD40 type I presume). It's started to fire up again + seems to be working for now.

Have been told long term that it'll need a new fan, but have been looking at a replacement boiler also.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back