Professional woodworm Treatment or DIY

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are renovating a house and it has woodworm in the loft
Had a quote to do the wood worm treatment @ £903 + VAT
I dont doubt there is woodworm to be treated as the surveyor stated there was active woodworm
The question is should i just pay a company to treat it or should i do it myself with the relevant liquid - In the survey it said moderate to widespread infestation by the common furniture beetle

I guess if i am capable of using a sprayer and applying 1 ltr to 1 mtr sq, apart from a certificate to say its being treated what can a company do that i cant

Can i get the same chemicals that a firm would use, ive seen stuff @ screw fix (SIKA SIKAGARD WOODWORM)
Thoughts please?

We are capable of doing a through job, just looking for any benefits of paying them to do. I also realise there there could be a damp issue as its a old roof but the roof is getting replaced early next year

Sponsored Links
The main benefit of getting it done by professionals would be the insurance backed 25 year guarantee they should be offering. Plus you won't have to buy a load of PPE.

I would be Diying it, you are replacing the roof next year, so you can check again and treat again or/and replace any timber next year.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back