Program Not Loading Fully

M

McTaffy

I have recently installed Norton 2005 onto each of my PC's at Home, everything was working fine on both PC's. During the week one of the PC's stopped working (only daughter and wife had been using it), and both of them say that they have not altered anything.

The fault is in a game site called POGO, we are able to get into the site but cannot run any of the Game Rooms or games. It starts to load and never completes.

The site uses Java, so I unloaded and reloaded Java onto the PC but with no success.

I compared the settings between both PCs and made them the same, still one works and the other doesn't.

I disabled Norton still no luck.

Have checked numerous pogo help things but nothing seems to help.

Really don't want to re format, especially as it used to work.

Just a pain that it does not give an error message or something that would indicate the problem.

Any help/ideas will be greatfully received by me and the wife, as it her PC. She breaks it but its my fault for not fixing it - just my luck :confused: So Please Please hellllllppppp - so I can see another day ;)

Sponsored Links
Have you tried clearing Temporary Internet Files and removing any addons that POGO created?

Hi Ignorian,

Yes I cleared out temporary internet files and cookies.

Thanks

In Internet explorer>Tools>manage addons, see if any have been added by this site, and, if so, remove them.

or

Rather than re-format, can you restore your system to an earlier time?

Sponsored Links
Igorian,

I am using ME, and cannot see Manage Addons, also do not have a restore backup.

Any more Ideas

Note:

The first time you go to a room you obtain a security message asking if you trust the content - Yes/No and you have the option to always trust.

Could it be that something has been deleted that has removed part of the trust from my system to my system does not trust the site, but the part that is left is preventing the trust window from re-openning??

Having not used this site, it's difficult to answer. Also, Windows ME is probably the most unreliable of the M$ offerings.

Have you tried emailing the site?

Sponsored Links
Back