Prowarm / Aquadry shower drain fitting & coupling problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I'm hoping someone's encountered this before and might be able to help.

I'm finally getting 'round to fitting a couple of shower trays. It comes as a PROWARM 30mm end drain shower tray. It looks identical to an AQUADRY kit I've also seen. It's a 30mm pre-moulded backerboard with a drain kit at one end. There is a link here I've also attached a photo.

I've bedded the board(s) into a screed, and plumbed in the drain receiver underneath in register to the tray outlet as per instructions. I'm now coming to try to 'lift' or 'pull' the receiver up to marry to the board drain outlet below the board (basically a black 'rim' of maybe 20mm depth). The instructions read "Push your fingers through the drain hole. Push down on the shower tray and pull the shower drain upwards until it clicks into place in the drain hole of the shower tray" The shower drain you 'pull' up has a chunky 'O' ring. The kit also comes with silicone grease to 'facilitate' this. Their Youtube video makes it look easy (see at 9mins)

Now, I've tried, tried, and tried, and there is simply NO way this lower part will either click into place, let alone even fit onto the tray outlet. Plenty of grease used, and i've pulled and pulled (I'm strong, and my fingers were sore as anything) but the parts just will not interconnect. It feels like almost a few mm out. I've tried over several days, and even using three 'G' clamps to try to 'lever' the lower drain up, but there's a point at which you think you're going to simply crack the plasic.

I've been on the phone to Technical Support, but they simply read the instructions back to me, and eventually referred me to ABACUS who they say are the manufacturers. They were equally unhelpful.

I'm at the point of giving up and cutting the whole drain part out of the backerboard and fitting a whole new bespoke drain, but I feel I might be missing something as these kits are pretty expensive and I'd love it to work!!

Has anyone had this? I'm completely stumped..

Thanks.

Attachments

• prowarmkit.jpg
    prowarmkit.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back