PRV-MINI EXPANSION VESSEL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have to be set straight on orientation please.I have a contract with British gas and sprung a leek in my combi boiler pipework,the engineer fixed the leek and said i would need to have a prv and a mini expansion vessel fitted to stay on there contract,I need to know if my little picture is correct? and i have 2 pics of the notice British gas gave me and 1 of my prv,do i need anything else i.e. a none return valve

Sponsored Links
F. me £249 for that they are taking the P. out of you big style

yes it is advisable on some boilers when the supply pressure is over 5 bar to have a reducing valve, the manufacturers instructions would tell you.

the kitchen tap in your drawing is in the wrong place in my opinion and should be before any PRV or expansion vessel as you want good pressure there.

a local plumber shouldn't charge much above £120 to supply and fit a PRV and mini ex vessel unless it is in an awkward place.

a PRV usually incorporates a non return within it.

Thamks Kevindgas that price buy the way was + VAT anyway i have bought a prv (honeywell) not sure if this has none return valve as i can pour water through it against the flow arrow? and i am at a loss as to where to buy a mini expansion vessel .I have been to Crosslings,Plumbcentre,Zenith......no luck they are all 4lts huge for under kitchen sink?

Sponsored Links
Cheers Happyplumber,after looking at my pipework i have decided to ask british gas to re quote me and as for the first price £249 i was wrong Kevindgas it was vat inclucive.Thanks again guys!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back