PS3 won't play disks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't played on my PS3 for a good 4 months and went to play Guitar Hero the other day but it won't play the disk. Have tried all the games I own and it's the same with all of them. It takes the disk and spins it for a split second then nothing, no noise when it should be reading the disk.
I have a couple of little games saved on the drive and they play so I'm stuck why this as happened.
It's definitely not over-heating as the room it's in has been really cold....is this the problem? Will it reaclimatise and start working again? The heating is now on in the room and I'm keeping fingers crossed that it will resolve itself but nothing yet....any ideas? :cry:

Sponsored Links
A friend on mine does a fix on these (see E-Bay) the laser that reads the disk does faulty. I don't think the repair kit is that expensive. But as always may take a bit of time/effort to replace, as far as I know there is no soldering required.

Hi,

I had this on my ps3, the 40gb version. All I got was the revolving access icon on the top right of the screen, no noise at all. This was the laser that had broken. I got a new laser assembly on eBay for approx £50 and also bought the correct screwdriver to open the ps3 up. I then followed instructions for replacing readily found on the Internet (taking photos as I went) and hey presto all working again.

Btw can confirm no soldering is required!

Good luck!

Graham

Sponsored Links
Back