Puma 80E not functioning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Two nights ago our Puma 80e boiler stopped producing CH but still produced HW. Last night a plumber arrived and suggested that the modulator circuit board was faulty. When he replaced the cover and switched it on, the boiler stopped working completely. I have examined the circuit board and there is a burnt out solder joint on the top left hand side.

The board has already been replaced before. Is it worth repairing again? The initial problem suggested the diverter valve had gone (this has already been replaced).

The plumber has suggested we replace the boiler completely (circa £1800). Is this reasonable. I can get a staff discount from Grahams or Jewsons (cost+5%) on boilers.Should I try and source one myself or get the plumber to find one?

Sponsored Links
Whilst getting a little old and not being terribly reliable I advise people that your model is worth repairing.

To do that however you need an engineer who is going to repair the boiler and not charge you for parts which have not failed.

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back