pump getting very hot while suprima 50 lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
good morning,

heating pump is very hot while suprima 50 lockout . it wont fire up when calling for HW or CH. the inlet pipe toward the pump is also very hot.

please help : where and what is the likely problem? what sort of fixs are required ?

many thanks.

Sponsored Links
1st thing to check is that the pump is actually rotating. If it has one, remove the large front screw on the motor and be careful of hot water and see if the motor is turning.Some use a thin bladed screwdriver to feel for movement. Check that and come back. Check also the FAQ's.

thank you. I have read and followed the FAQ. my pump has plastic cap and pull the bleed pin out, the pump does not engage and it does not spin. but I can turn the pin.

when I switch the boiler stat off, the light flashing constantly, when turn back to medium temperature, it flashes very second or so.

what do you think if t I can check anything else ?

Personally, I'd say first thing to check is if there is actually water in it, but it's a close call.
Your problem seems to be lack of flow which normally comes from one or more of the following.

Crap in system ( blockage )
Airlock
No water
Pump stuck

Sponsored Links
thank you Ben, all those are possible.

it shows about 1.1 bar of pressure. can it mean that it has water?

how can I test the airlock and perhaps remove airlock?

All the Suprimas I come across are open vented. Negligible chance of airlock in sealed system.

how to un-stuck a pump?

boiler is on the upstair and the flue goes vertically to the roof.

this is the third thread on the same boiler, why dont you get someone out to look at it ?

this is the third thread on the same boiler, why dont you get someone out to look at it ?

thank you for your input.

I called a pro last week, he took a look and advised me to replace the whole boiler. he has no good word about suprima. suprima is about 10 years old. I would hope that it will keep going for afew more year if the problem can be fixed.

much appreciate for further input from this forum to get to the bottom the boiler lockout.

If it's a pale blue pump with a black knob, unscrew the knob, pull it towards you to engage with the motor shaft, and try to rotate it. Twiddle it a bit, and if it frees up, screw the knob back in and turn on. You should hear the pump run and that may sort it all out. There can be all sorts of problems, such as a blocked cold feed, but yours sounds like a stalled pump.

thank you mysteryman

yes, my boiler has a black cap on it. when I pull it towards me, it does not engage. but I can turn the motor shaft around through the screw. tried reset button, still no luck.

however the Red appears when I went through random sequence of pressing reset button, the pump started to spin around. boiler did fire up while the pump was spinning and the RED light flashing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back