Potterton 50 lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have read a number of reviews online about lockout problems with the Potterton 50 Suprima. However my symptoms seems to be slighly different and wondering whether it's the PCB which needs replacing. Can any of you experts advise what the problem may be based on the following:

All thermostats are calling OK (room and boiler)
Three way valve is opening and closing
Pump is running free (system has recently been flushed)
All rads and hot water tank are reaching temperature OK

It seems after the boiler has been running for a while it will lockout (even when the stats are calling) then ten to thirty seconds later the pump will start to run - and will continue to run until the reset button is pressed. And if this is done soon after lockout the boiler won't always reset!

Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
tak a look at BBC WATCHDOG put in pott suprima and you may get a surprise potterton now do a fixed fee repair on this troublesome boiler good luck

Thanks Frank - I have recently written to Potterton presuming its a PCB issue so I'm awaiting a response!

From your experience is this what it sounds like? Or do you think it's a faulty gas valve (reading some of the other forums it sounds this can be down to the PCB too, i.e. not providing enough power).

sometimes when the pcb faults it does effect the gas valve but most of the ones i changed the gas valve has been ok,you will however need to change the thermista at the same time as changing the pcb,good luck.

Sponsored Links
Cheers Frank - that boost my confidence.

The thermista and switch have recently been replaced becasue they were faulty.

Fingers crossed this will crack it...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back