Pump replacement advice please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a 15 year old Grundfoss Selectric 15-50 130 pump that's just starting to rattle and I think it's on the way out.

What would be a good low energy choice to replace it with?

I can't go to exoticly priced ones, but up to about £85-£100.

The system is open type with potterton boiler (don't say it!) and 14 rads.

I've seen the Alpha 2 at £85 so is this a good choice? Are there others that you would recommend?

Cheers

Andrew

Sponsored Links
Your system has run perfectly for 15 years with a 15-50 so why entertain a change? The running costs are insignificant. I would, without hesitation fit another Grundfos. You could go for the 15-60 which a higher head pump.(a bit more powerful) and a straight swap.

Hi all,

I have a 15 year old Grundfoss Selectric 15-50 130 pump that's just starting to rattle and I think it's on the way out.

What would be a good low energy choice to replace it with?

I can't go to exoticly priced ones, but up to about £85-£100.

The system is open type with potterton boiler (don't say it!) and 14 rads.

I've seen the Alpha 2 at £85 so is this a good choice? Are there others that you would recommend?

Cheers

Andrew

15 years is nothing for a Grundfoss 15/50. Have you tried to 'clean the can'. There's a few videos on Youtube regarding this, so if you're confident enough to have a go at shutting the circulation pump valves & remove the head, could save you a few bob............ ;)

Thanks for the thoughts so far.

Nothing found on youtube searching for 'cleaning the can' or heating pump clean. If possible can you post a link to at least one of the ones you are referring to please?

I have also just noticed runmarks on the pipe from the underside of the pump union joint. Could this be letting air in and causing the noise?

ANdrew

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back