Putting sentinel into central heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to put sentinel into central heating system. Do I have to drain out all the water or can I do it without draining out. Is it possible to just draining out one radiator. I can see there is drain out pipe connector in downstair radiators.

Sponsored Links
Is your system sealed or a traditional vented system ie does it have a small tank in the loft?

Either way you would need to drain off some water. If you have the small tank in the loft, switch off the boiler, isolate the water supply to this tank, attach a hose and drain enough water off from the drain valve you mention to just empty the tank. Put your inhibitor into the tank and then reinstate the water supply allowing the tank to refill. Bleed all the radiators, downstairs ones first, and then restart the boiler.

If your sytem is sealed ie you have a small pressure gauge on the front of your boiler, switch off the boiler, attach hose to drain and let out enough water to allow you to put the inhibitor into an upstairs radiator. You will need to remove the plug at the top of the rad opposite the bleed screw and open the bleed screw as you put inhibitor in at the other end. Replace the plug (ensure seal is intact first) close drain off, remove hose, refill system to 1.5 bar on the gauge and then bleed all your rads, you may neeed to add more water to do this. When all rads are bled ensure boiler pressure is at 1 bar and then restart boiler.

yo dawg, i heard you like to centinel so i put centinel in your centinel so you can centinel while you centinel

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back