PVC Roof Lantern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me.

I bought a house around 18mths ago with a 4m x 2m roof lantern in the kitchen which is double glazed. In the winter it’s like having a hole in ceiling! The draught is unbelievable. We have under floor heating and the heat seems to rise, hit the cold window and come down as a breeze. You can feel it if you sit under the edge of the window opening in the ceiling. Unless you are cooking it’s near on impossible to get the room warm.

I wondered if anyone on here has the same problem and what they did about it.

I am seriously thinking of replacing the lantern with triple glazing but don’t want to go to that expense if it will do nothing to fix the problem.

The other option is to fit a blind flush with the ceiling that would close off the lantern to keep the heat in the room and stop the down draught. The only issue with that is because the lantern is so big they reckon I would need two and the cost would be £12k for electric ones.

Any help anyone in a similar situation can offer would be really appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back