PVC window mechanism in the frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm Jack, I was checking the locking mechanism on my PVC window, a routine check. All working fine, no problem, then I unscrewed the handle and checked the square hole, where it goes into. When the handle was out, I put it in again, loose with no screws, and I lightly turned it. Then something came out, loose out of that, and now it is I think still inside, behind the bracket. It seemed to be a small piece of metal.
Is there a certain small, loose part in the mechanism, right where the square hole is, that is supposed to be inserted into place, in order for the handle to move the locking bracket on and off.
There are two locks on this window, one is vertical, and the other horizontal. The vertical one was first with this problem, so when I opened it, I wanted to see the damage. I saw a small metal piece, just behind the bracket, as if it fell out. So then I wanted to open the horizontal part of the window, that was perfectly fine, to see what it looks like inside.
Then, when I opened it, and moved it, something popped out,and the same problem started on this window.
Can someone tell me, can I put something back into place and make it work again?
The window is on the first floor, and opens outwards.
CheersJack

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back