Pyronix Enforcer GSM wireless/ Earth and diodes

Rdl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, We have a Pyronix Enforcer GSM completely wireless and have noticed that there is no earth wiring from the transformer. I presume the earth is only required if you have any hard wired devices connected to the main control unit.
And also the diodes that are supplied I presume are for connecting a hard wired bell only and would be for the tamper circuit? Would be glad if someone could advise. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Yes it requires no earth although there is a spare way in the conn block . Nothing to do with hard wired devices. The unit is fully insulated so no external part could be live. Are they diodes? Thought they were resistors, never used them, they might be for the zone inputs on the panel if you hardwire a device or as you say some bells need them.

• Thanks
Reactions: Rdl
Thanks for the replies. The manual states an earth connection to be required, but as you agree this is not the case with a completely wireless system. Also when we mention " on board zones" the resistors ( thanks for correcting ) would only be required for hard wired applications? . I am going totally wireless, 5 sensors and 1 bell. Just wanted to be 100% sure before I power up.

Sponsored Links
Yes hard wired zones use resistors. Some bells require a resistor, again hardwired, so nothing there to concern yourself with.

Thanks musszzy. Will be keeping the system totally wireless. Was originally going to use a hard wired illuminated bell, but wireless saves one heck of a grief on this install. It will text the user when batteries are getting low anyway. Cheers again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back