Quality Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to buy 900 x 500 type21 radiators but have been told to steer clear of the ones for sale in screwfix or toolstation can anyone suggest an outlet that sells good quality Rads in these sizes
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I've not had problems with Kudox rads from Screwfix. There used to be a high rate of dented side and top panels but they seem to have that sorted now. Most issues with rads are going to be down to poor installation or system water quality.

Sponsored Links
Just as an update to this i bought the Rads from screwfix but on bringing them home noticed that although they are "white" (RAL9010) they are not actually white, against the ones i already have they are cream in colour in fact i cannot believe how many "whites" there are. I think i need RAL9016 because the Rads i have look to be a diamond white so i had to return them to screwfix. I suspect most of you will already know this about the colour and don't get caught out anyway where do i buy some that match my existing Rads

Why do you need rads that are exactly the same shade of white? Have you got some side-by-side in the same room?

You’re happy to have different style radiators around the house but not slightly different shades of white?

Sorry just sounds a bit baffling

The kudox ones are ok but poor coating, very brittle and comes off very quick at slightest scratch.

Well we bought this bungalow to renovate it completely, big extension remodelled the inside extensively new ceilings new floors and have painted the walls and ceilings in brilliant white emulsion the plumber we had has fitted two new radiators and as i have said before it looks like diamond white, ( I do not know what outlet these were bought from ) he has now let us down for finishing the job so my wife and I are having to do the job ourselves as everything is painted brilliant white and the two rads we have had already fitted are brilliant white we would like to get the same radiator type and colour if possible and yes there are two in the same room, when we put the ones from screwfix in the room they did not look white at all but very cream coloured

Sounds like you’re going to need sunglasses when you walk into your house :D

I’ve got the Kudox radiators and now you say it comparing it to our white skirting boards they are slightly creamier, you would never notice though against the various colour walls, I can see why it might be a problem if you’re trying to match in a load of different whites. (y)

My wife says it would have been easier to have bought an igloo to get the effect we have, but i'am not sure we could have radiators in one of them but at least it would be problem solved

i'm with old duffer, the white of kudox rads is more cream than white and it does look naff.

unfortunately for me i didnt notice until i painted the skirting boards much later (i done all the plumbing first cos of new boiler, then got round to decorating rooms at a later date)

the rads in my lounge are barlo before they went bust and they are a lovely white. the permo rad in the main bedroom is a nice bright white, the kudox in the office and boys room are cream.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back