quantities brick and agreegrates

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi folks i have to build some walls in the garden and just need an extra pair of eyes on my calculations as i am not sure if they are 100% right.

i need to build a foundation .45 m wide, 36 m long and 200 mm deep. how many bulk bags of ballast do i need and how many 25 kg bags of cement.

The walls are 36 meters long .65m meters high. how many bricks, bulk bags of sand and 25 kg bags of cement do i need.

i have worked it out but it seams to be a lot of bags of cement based on a 5 to 1 ratio.

one final question due to the wall being so long do i need to leave a floating expansion gap.

cheers

jon

Sponsored Links
Concrete required 3.24mc.
For 6&1 mix allow 5.5 tonnes all in aggregate and say 36 25kg bags dust.
As so called 1 tonne bags or jumbo bags only normally weigh in at 850kg you will need either 7 jumbo bags or 6 jumbo bags and say 20 number 25kg bags.
Brickwork. You do not say whether it is half brick or one brick wall, therefore.
Half brick wall. As 650 high does not work gauge, have allowed for 675 high with 225 pier at each end and 11 no intermediate 225 piers at 3 metre centres.
Total bricks plus 2.5% waste equals 1650 number
Sand 1550kg say 2 jumbo bags and 13 bags dust.
One brick wall 675 high including waste 2950 bricks required.
Sand 2750kg equals 3 jumbo bags and 10 number 25kg bags, and 25 bags dust.
5 litre Admix.
Above is based on 1to6 mix. You may be shy on few bags of dust, but easy enough to buy couple more than have couple over.
Be it half brick or one brick, expansion joint every 12 metre with 2 slip ties each joint.
Regards oldun

many thanks for that it came out roughly the same as i had worked out.

cheers

jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back