Quarry-tiled floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a very cold quarry-tiled floor in my kitchen. Is it possible to cover it with a warmer surface or do I need to remove the quarry tiles? I saw somewhere that if I tape a piece of polythene to the floor it will show if I have a damp-proof membrane installed - no condensation seen over several days so I presume it is ok (house built 1950s, ex-council house, solid, breaks drill-bits in walls...)

Lots of condensation in on kitchen floor when doing the washing... must take out airbricks and replace with extractor fan, I suppose... there's always another something to do if you own a house, isn't there!

Sponsored Links
Yes, wood is one possibility. There are also some sheet materials, like Cushion-Floor which has a sealed surface with a foam-like base and is flexible...

Apart from the cold surface, things dropped do not bounce a lot on quarry-tiles - only as they disintegrate! :oops: :cry:

Would the tiles need any treatment to allow these to be installed?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back