Queen flouts covid measures.

Not a fan of the monarchy, but don't think any laws were broken.. or is she parked on a double yellow?
Irrelevant...

"The Queen enjoys sovereign immunity, meaning she can't be prosecuted under any civil or criminal investigation."

Some people are indeed created more equal (n)

Sponsored Links
Well, you have to enter the reg and vin number on most cars before you can start a test now otherwise the computer will say no. Btw, you can take some cars with no plates for a test and you will get a certificate with just the vin number. I think it’s foreign imports or kit cars. Cars before 1980 ish don’t need a chassis number.

I love a bit of Wheeler Dealers (although I have neither the time, room, patience, tools, nor knowledge to do that car fettling myself!)

Your post has triggered something I wondered about, while watching the above, re: chassis numbers.

On WD, Edd has replaced whole chassis before now.
How does that stand, with the obvious change in chassis number?

If pre 1980 not needed but if later maybe transfer the chassis plate, stamp the number or maybe it will come with a new chassis number from the manufacturer. Not quite sure about the legalities but as mot testers, we just have to test and record the vehicle as presented. We just have to follow this rule:

"You must check the vehicle is displaying a legible vehicle identification number.
A vehicle identification number (VIN or chassis number) is required on:
  • kit cars and amateur built vehicles first used on or after 1 September 2001
  • all other vehicles first used on or after 1 August 1980".
So, as long as there’s a vin number permanently attached or stamped on the vehicle, that’s good enough for us.

Sponsored Links
Back