Question about Ariston Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just brought a new house with the above boiler. I have noticed the thermostat is not calibrated correctly. If the Thermostat is set to 20 degrees it actually switches the boiler off at 17 degrees.

My question however relates to the running of the boiler. I have noticed the following.

The boiler comes and and runs for 30 minutes until the thermostat indicates the correct temperature has been reached it then switches off. It then seems to switch back on 4 - 5 minutes later and it runs for 3 - 4 minutes then switches off, it then comes on again 4 - 5 minutes later and runs for 3 - 4 minutes again, this keep repeating for an hour.. is this normal or do I have a problem.. could this be related to the mis calibrated thermostat ?

Sponsored Links
Nothing to do with your thermostats, which seem to be working properly; don't expect a £15 'stat to be accurate, just expect it to be repeatable.

Have a competant gas fitter adjust the burner output to match your heating load, you can adjust it's maximum output internally, and check the minimum burner pressure is as per the manufacturer's data.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back