question about my heating system, rad got hot when heating water up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all just a question please if you do not mind .
Have been in my house 10 years , have trv on radiators apart from one near wall thermostate on wall downstairs . I have boiler downstairs and tank in cupboard upstairs for hot water .
For as long as i can remember whenever i had the boiler come on to heat the hot water . i would always get the radiator in the bathroom heat up as long as the boiler was on heating water .
Never really thought much about it . Recently i decided to just test the rads as they have all been off a while, and found that i had a few pins on the trv stuck on a couple of rads, so i freed them off and all good . One of them was the rad in bathroom that would heat up when heating water I have shut off the trv now as not using rads at moment
Now when boiler comes on and heats up water the rad does not get hot any more , but works as normal when heating on if i turn the trv up
Question is have i cleared an issue that i was not aware of , or should that rad get if the boiler is on heating water . Thank you
regards lee

Sponsored Links
They were/are often plumbed to warm the bathroom when the HW is being heated.
You can turn the valve off, with the caveat that if you have an S plan config (2 x 2port valves) that may be the only boiler "bypass".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back