Queston re. Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Customer called me and wants to add a rad (or underfloor heating) into their new conservatory being built.

Been told over the phone that their Boiler is a "Ideal Minimiser SD 80" anyone heard of these, done a bit of research on here but not come up with anything. Am looking for (as you might have guessed) the heat output from the boiler.

Unfortunately customer has no paperwork relating to the boiler, but I have been informed by them that it is one of the early condensing boilers.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Guess what, its 80,000 BTUs.

I am sure the boiler will handle the extra rad. They oddly had a flow temparature of 80°C I think but size the new rad on 70° ready for the replacement boiler.

If its still working after the rad is fitted is more questionable.

Tony

think its an se80 gc 41-349-69

early condensing system boiler,stopped makin them 8 years ago

the he should be inspected min every 2 years for build up of aluminum oxide as per ideal.flue gas ratio should not be above 0.0004

so if not been serviced add that to the job.any probs ive got the docs for it ;)

Sponsored Links
the he should be inspected min every 2 years for build up of aluminum oxide as per ideal.flue gas ratio should not be above 0.0004

Any engineer who works on these would always say they should be serviced as a minimum every years as per the MI.

In fact most engineers would recommend a service every 6 months to avoid breakdowns.

I dont think this can be an RGI as he has never heard of this common boiler.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for all info, i did think that it would be an 80,000 BTU but didnt want to assume :rolleyes:

New rad it is then, their other option is a wet underfloor heating system - but doubting the boiler would cope with that!

Not Pete the Plumber are you?

I went to an Instalation he had made in London and I started laughing when I was still 20 feet away!

The installation fault with the flue was so obvious as I walked towards it that I could not help laughing! It was so amusing that i did not even charge him!

I did the next time because the next day he called because it was not working. As usual I tried to get him to find the problem himslelf with his test equipment, just a neon screwdriver! Even so he was still unable to diagnose reversed polarity even though I told him thats what I expected. It cost him £84 but he then recharged the owner!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back