Quick Q about pipe route...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I going to be building a shower cubicle in place of where my old airing cupboard was. When the new combi went in the 'plumbers' left all the old pipework in. One thing that was left untidy was the 22mm pipe run for the hot to the bath.
I'm just wondering if there is any reason to the below pipe run was done, or if it was just laziness. It looks like a 28mm from the boiler reduced to 22mm. Obviously i cant leave this with the new shower in so was going to re-route it under the floor boards. Can anyone explain? Also there is a capped 15mm pipe arrowed again I'm thinking this was just laziness on their part.

image003large.jpg

Cheers

Sponsored Links
heheh definitely not gas, as the 22mm gas pipe run is fully visible in the kitchen. The airing cupboard is upstairs and that 22mm goes under that bath.

Turn the hot tap on in the bathroom and feel the pipe, i would guess its a heating pipe,(turn heating on to find out for sure) if it is you can run it under the floor and up in the corner. The 15mm capped pipe is probably the old cold feed to the old tank, again it can be capped further back or under the floor.

Sponsored Links
Cheers guys. Its definitely the hot feed to the bath, just wondered why it was set up like that and if there was a need for it. I'm pretty sure there is no real purpose but just wanted to make sure. The other 15mm like suggested will cap further down the line.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back