15mm pipe ok for everthing in bathroom?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
is 15mm pipe ok for everthing?

how my new setup will be is

triple valve shower unit with diverter

which will control, bath filler. shower rail, and rain head.

looking at it it has larger inputs for hot/cold than the 3 outputs.

this is going to be installed where the old shower is . i was just going to use the supply from the existing shower for this (15mm)

am i going to have to run 22mm pipe to this instead? say from the old bath supply (as long as this is 22mm)

if its not, does converting 15mm to 22mm pipe somewhere down the run work, or does it have to be 22mm all the way from say the boiler? :confused:

sorry for the completely novice questions

Sponsored Links
22mm would be your best bet for flow but
its all down to what system you have
if its a combi boiler the hot leaves the boiler in 15mm
r u running shower/bath off of gravity system?
was thy old shower pumped
or have you got pressurised hot water

cheers guys

ive just had a Worcester Bosch 30CDI Combi installed.

removed bath panel this aft. Hots on a 22mm feed, and the cold is on a 15mm :confused:

the existing shower feeds drop from ceiling to shower, i was going to use these. but if its better taking the bath feeds I will use them.

is it worth me converting the bath cold feed to 22mm and run that to control valve (approx 3m way) will this get the flow up?

Clearhead - sorry im not really sure on the answers to those :oops:

shower is plain old thermostatic, ancient thing! dont beleive it to be pumped.

the boiler used to be on the ground floor. now on 1st floor next to bathroom (combi)

Sponsored Links
to add to this.

since im on a mains fed combi boiler (Worcester Bosch 30CDI)

is that not just ok on the 15mm rather than 22mm?

just rang me BG mate and he said it should be fine. also there is no 22mm cold feed in my house, so im going to struggle

thanks

i think what ben is trying to tell you-it depends on the size of your incoming cold water main
at the end of the day the cold goes into your boiler in 15mm
and comes out in 15mm
and most cwm are in 15mm internally
i would personally use 22 where i can-shortest possible routes(i have heard other plumbers disagree and call us cowboys or lazy for using old 22mm feeds,i have never had a problem and if you ever want to change system back in the future, its all in place-not all clients have the money to start running new pipe works
it will work on either
the boiler will only heat the hot water at x amount of litres a minute around 11 lts a min @ 40 rise

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back