Valve mixer shower - 22mm vs 15mm supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The thermostatic valve mixer shower I have got to fit has 22mm inputs, hoever the supply running from the boiler and cold mains is in 15mm. How much of the shower supply should be plumbed in 22mm? Just the 'tails' to connect to the shower, or do I need to start thinking about replacing lots of 15mm with 22mm?

Thanks for advice

Sponsored Links
I would just plumb the last section onto the tails as 15-22mm.....most combi's supply out in 15mm

make sure the valve is suitable for high pressure. if it has 22mm connections it may be gravity feed. also if your installing for a customer what flow rates are the expecting

Thanks for the responses, the shower is for me, so I want a nice fast flow, the brochure does say that it is suitable for high pressure.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the responses, the shower is for me, so I want a nice fast flow, the brochure does say that it is suitable for high pressure.

if your boiler is a combi and only has 15mm outlets then there is no point in increasing pipe size. Most combis give a respectable shower.

If it's a combi I would be more inclined to do the reverse - remove 22 and replace with 15! The resistance is negligible for several metres, and you'll wait longer for your hot water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back