Quote advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was after some advice as to whether I have been quoted too much for a guttering job of which I have detailed below.

The house is a detached bungalow with guttering running along the front & rear of the property which is approx 22 ft in length both sides. The downpipe height's are approx 9 foot.

We have had a quote which invlolves the following: -

(1) - To remove existing gutters, fascia boards & soffit boards to front & rear of property.

(2) - To supply & fit new timber fascia boards & cover with black ash U.P.V.C fascia boards.

(3) - To supply & fit new black ash U.P.V.C soffit boards.

(4) - To supply & fit new felting to go under existing felt & go into new gutter.

(5) - To supply & fit new black half round guttering & round downpipes to front & rear of property.

Before I reveal how much I have been quoted how much should I expect to pay for this work?

Thx.
Lee.

Sponsored Links
(2) - To supply & fit new timber fascia boards & cover with black ash U.P.V.C fascia boards.

Not the right way to do it. Get a quote for replacement black ash boards which are thicker than the thin covering boards and are nailed directly onto the rafters so no need for backing wood.

Bear in mind black is very expensive

Hi,

I was after some advice as to whether I have been quoted too much for a guttering job of which I have detailed below.

The house is a detached bungalow with guttering running along the front & rear of the property which is approx 22 ft in length both sides. The downpipe height's are approx 9 foot.

We have had a quote which invlolves the following: -

(1) - To remove existing gutters, fascia boards & soffit boards to front & rear of property.

(3) - To supply & fit new black ash U.P.V.C soffit boards.

(4) - To supply & fit new felting to go under existing felt & go into new gutter.

(5) - To supply & fit new black half round guttering & round downpipes to front & rear of property.

Before I reveal how much I have been quoted how much should I expect to pay for this work?

Thx.
Lee.
£1600-1800. But as stated by mw roofline just get 18mm pvc fascia then there is no need for timber.

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks for the advice.

The reason I am asking is because 1 guy quoted £1,280 & another guy quoted me £360.00.

So obviously I'm very confused.

you would be lucky to get the material for £360.00.
and as stated replacement upvc fascia can be fitted without a backing board.
get more estimates!

Ok thanks for the advice.

The reason I am asking is because 1 guy quoted £1,280 & another guy quoted me £360.00.

So obviously I'm very confused.
£1280 is still very cheap(I wouldnt enetertain it fot that price) but then again some people have no work on and in that situation you better of out making some thing than sitting at home making nothing.Like alsiter said,get more quotes.

£360.00.

That will probably be for gloss black fascias which have zero guarantee. I wouldn't put gloss black fascias on my dog's kennel.

Make sure its black ash/blackgrain (the white stuff with the laminate over it)

We'll do it for £1900 [We're in Manchester in October ] ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back