r b thermostatic shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
new house we purchased the hot water comming out cold
i diagnosed it to the shower mixers ( i b is the makers italian)
any idea is it the non return valve on the mixer letting bye or the thermostatic cartridge broken
there is three showers broken and all mixers enclosed behind sheets of marble so replacement at the moment is not the option
any idea peter

Sponsored Links
Is it on a combi boiler or unvented cylinder, if so consider fitting a pressure reducer at the main stop tap and get your whole house as a balanced supply, bit easier than repairing all showers or fitting non returns everywhere

hi
its on a unvented system
unfortunatly we have a pressure reduceing valve on main were it splits into the four zones of the house
thanks for that otherwise
pete

Sponsored Links
I would get your unvented cylinder serviced then, you may find the expansion vessel/air gap has gone and all the pressure is being stored in the pipework, once heated, there possibly could be up to 6 bar held in the pipework, before the expansion relief starts discharging to relieve the pressure.

the non returns in the showers are normally fitted in the elbows that connect to the body, little plastic things, easy enough to remove providing that the tiler has not installed the tiles right up to the valve, and allows you to get at the valves to remove it

Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back