R/F Thermostat problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:cry: Can Someone Help.
Recently moved into new house, It has a Gravity fed Hot Water and pumped central heating fitted. A Glow-worm floor standing boiler, The separate timer/programer wasnt working properly so I changed that to a Honeywell ST799 everything worked fine I then decided to fit a wireless Thermosat as the current position of the old wasn't right. So I bought a Drayton RF1 wireless Thermostat receiver kit.
Now my problem is that when I wired it up and started the system I blew the receiver as I may have wired it wrong, but I checked my wiring and am a bit lost as to why can sum one Help. I then wired in the old Mechanical Thermostat.
Yellow to terminal 1 .
Red to terminal three (No terminal two).
Blue to Terminal 4
And Earth to Earth. The system working fine

I wired the new one as such:

From my the Timer/Programer terminal three, to terminal one on thermostat, (Yellow)
Neutral terminal of my Timer/Programer to terminal two on the thermostat (Blue)
Terminal three of thermostat to to pump live as stated in instructions. (Red)

and I also wired in the earth. I don't now if it matters but this thermostat is double insulated, So what went wrong ? My friend said this thermostat was not suited for a gravity system, that why it blew. :(

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you replaced a 3-wire room stat with a Drayton RF1 receiver (which has 4 connections) and then connected live to neutral via the Common and Call for Heat connections - Bang!

Get the wiring diagram and follow it. If you can't get an electrician. Sorry to be 'short' - but there is no safe alternative if you don't know what you're doing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back