Rabated Butt Door Hinge Removal/Adjustment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, can anyone provide a link or details of how to adjust/remove Rebated Butt door hinges? My PVC door hinges are working loose as the screws which attach the hinge to the door are not biting properly causing the door to drop slightly. So I need to take the door off. I'm looking to either fit larger screws or investigate possibly fitting some sort of backing strip into the door frame to take the existing screws.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Going to need photos, Or make and part codes.
There are hundreds of different hinges and they are all different

From memory they'll be adjustable either with an Allen key or a big crosshead screwdriver. If the hinge is working loose from the door then you could possibly move it up or down the frame slightly. You'll need to open the door and remove the tiny little grub screw to release the hinge pin, knock the pin up to split the two hinge parts and remove the half from the door, this exposes the 3 screws holding the other half to the frame, move it up/down and rebuild

Cheers Crank, that sounds about right looking at it again. I've fitted 6mm oversize screws which seems to have secured the hinge more tightly to the door frame. I'll relocate the hinge if it goes again :):)

Sponsored Links
Cheers Crank, that sounds about right looking at it again. I've fitted 6mm oversize screws which seems to have secured the hinge more tightly to the door frame. I'll relocate the hinge if it goes again :):)

Champion!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back