rad problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
help. i have moved into a new house recently, i drained the central heating system to lower a radiator, i didnt alter any pipes, just lowerd the rad. the system has a conventional boiler with a f&e tank. i drained the system from the rad which is in the extention downstairs, i refilled the system via the f&e tank, all rads bled ok, all rads work ok, except the two in the extention (down stairs). its been like this for 6 months now, i think they are fed from a vertical drop in a partition wall from the extention upstairs (rad is fine here). if i turn all rads off except extention downstairs feed pipe gets hot (very hot), nothing on the return though!! 1 rad did dtart to work (nearest to vertical drop in partition) remaining rad (last in loop) got nothing. i tried to bleed both, now both not working again. i have had the coupling off under the floor and both feed & return are free from blockage, valve on rads are also operating correctly. have i got a monster air lock? should i refill from rad in the extention doenstairs using mains pressure to try and clear? thanks for any assistance

Sponsored Links
have you tried removing the return from rad and opening the return valve over a bowl or connect it to a hose and let it run.

hi, yes, the return has run for some time, reconnected and bleed the system - still the same - the system worked ok before drained the system and moved the rad upstairs, like i said, i didnt change any pipework, just a simple moving of the rad - or so i thought !!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back