Radiator disconnecting query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to temporarily remove a radiator for redecorating purposes, however i am having difficulty isolating it from its water supply using the its valves. The radiator is of an odd type possibly an old fashioned version as it has the two pipes entering it on one side only instead of being at opposite ends.

Can someone tell me how to isolate the radiator so that i can remove it temporarily.

Below is a diagram of my radiator.

One more thing since messing about with it all my radiaotrs in the house are now not warming up, do i have to bleed each and every radiator as air has obviously got into the system??

thanks for any help in advance.

Sponsored Links
not seen that make of twin entry valve but normally u would of been able to isolate the rad with the allen stud screwed in & the other valve shut clock wise. on the other rads did they hav a pipe stuck into the valve that slides in the rad to circulate the water to the other end of the rad.

the other radiators in the house are exactly the same, the valve has the word vres 15 printed on them and also this diagram:

the allen key bolt seems to be fully tight on all the radiators, that is fully turned in clockwise, when i turn it anticlockwise water starts to leak out, i dont know if this sheds any more light on the correct procedure.

Sponsored Links
its not uncomman for them to leak when shut but its only the water in the rad leaking out when shut so catch it & when rad is drained it should stop.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back