Central Heating radiators.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a query concerning gas fired central heating radiators.

I recently moved into a new bungalow and need to temporarily remove a radiator to make good the wall plaster and redecorate the room. However I noticed that the radiator does not have a bleed valve, in fact none of my radiators do, and I am concerned that when I come to refit the radiator I will have an air lock with no means of releasing it.

In my previous home, all the radiators had bleed valves so it was a simple operation to remove and replace them, and cure any air resulting lock by releasing it through the bleed valve.

Should I consider replacing one, or all the radiators with new ones fitted with with bleed valves, or would fitting just one somewhere in the system, be sufficient?

Sponsored Links
No there is no plug at all. They are all 'single skin' radiatiors with the fins on the back, the only inlet and outlet is at the bottom where the valves attach!

Have a look behind the top of the rad and you should find a small bore hole that holds the bleed screw. Try feeling with your finger and you should find it.
I would be very surprised if there is not one :eek:
You won't be able to fit one in the system as each rad needs a bleed valve :)

Sponsored Links
Brilliant! Thanks guys for the information! I've learnt something today! What a fantastic mine of information this site is, I shall certyainly tell all my friends and family about it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back