Bleeding radiators

4 Jan 2004
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I have a radiator which is cold at the top and warm at the bottom. This seems to suggest trapped air which needs bleeding. But I can't seem to find the valves which are usually at the top of the radiators for bleeding. I have just moved into this house and most of the radiators don't have the bleed valve. Does anyone how to bleed these radiators?
Sponsored Links
the radiator sitting next to me has no bleed valve or does it, at first look it hasn't its actually behind it facing the wall, some have little caps on. have a good look at yours
The bleed valve is always at the top and mine is facing the wall at the top right hand corner(don't know if they're all the same),I find it easier to put a mirror behind it to locate it.
mine is in the same place as masona's is top right facing the wall, but only on 1 rad. all the others it at the top "middle" end

(middle on the double rads, but still at the end)
Sponsored Links
Thank you everyone. I have located the bleeding point. It as on the top left at the back as you suggested. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local