No bleed valve on rad to bleed it ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a radiator in upstairs bathroom thats cold at top and hot at bottom i.e. needs air removing, but there is no bleed valve on it. Its a newish radiator fitted by previous house occupants. How do you bleed a rad that has no valve?

Sponsored Links
you cant.

it has a valve and you just cant see it.

try looking on the back of it, i have a rad with one at the back top righthand corner

Sponsored Links
I can't believe anyone would produce a radiator without catering for the fitting of a bleed valve.
Is there a threaded hole fitted with a plug where the bleed valve should be. On the ends or the back. Is there a plastic cap on the back which might be hiding it. If it's a double radiator see if it's between the two panels.
There's got to be a simple explanation!. Please let us know how you solve the problem.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

once i was in same situation like you but after long search i have found the bleed valve.
it was on left side, behind the front panel and caped by white top ( you can't really see that feel it by moving your hand around )
hopefully this might help you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back