radiator help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,

in my conservatory i have a radiator that is stone cold all the other radiators in the house work fine when all the radiators are hot the one in the conservatory is stone cold even the pipes leading to the valves are cold. both valves either side are open and the radiator has no air in it.

the valves on the radiators are just standed valves not TRV valves

any help will be great

cheers

Sponsored Links
Have you tried balancing your system, so that there's a better chance of hot water circulating throughout?
John :)

As above and does it work if you turn off the other rads?

As above and does it work if you turn off the other rads?

The pipe dose get hot it the other radiators are turned off, as for balancing the radiators no I have never tryed it nor do I no how to do this ??

Sponsored Links
If that gets hot the others are robbing it you need the rad valves fully open and then adjust on the lock shield valve at the other end (the one you have to remove the cap to operate) here is a bit cut and pasted from a previous post I made on here should help.

Two ways to balance, faffing around with flow and return thermometers to get the temperature drop correct, or "rule of thumb" start with the furthest rad fully open and those nearest the pump about 1/4 turn open with the others each slightly more. Then try it and cut down any that get hot much quicker and open those that are slow.

Truth be known that's the way most guys do it, although some will scream heresy!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back