Radiator inhibitor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my system hasn't had any inhibitor put in for at least 10 years . I've done a few jobs that required me to drain down the boiler .

My question is would fernox f1 be a good choice of inhibitor and can I just partially drain a radiator and put it in there ?

Many thanks David

Sponsored Links
Hi my system hasn't had any inhibitor put in for at least 10 years . I've done a few jobs that required me to drain down the boiler .

My question is would fernox f1 be a good choice of inhibitor and can I just partially drain a radiator and put it in there ?

Many thanks David

Yes fernox or sentinal are fine. Isolate one rad at the trv and lockshield valves, drain the rad partially and put the inhibitor in.

Use this kit from screwfix to add inhibitor

https://www.screwfix.com/p/flomasta...bhZLQXZpnTmmc9LnbeUaAvSxEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

That's brilliant thanks .My radiators are old with just the small bleed screw at the top , Could this kit be used with them ?

Not sure if it would work with your small hole but you can get fernox express . I've never used it and not sure if it's any good

Sponsored Links
How much water should I let out first if I use the filling loop ? . Should I let the water out from a radiator or the boiler drain point ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back