radiator not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i just changed a radiator valve not trv type but now my radiator doesnt heat up, all the others work. Not sure exactly what system i have but drained header tank and the radiator all other radiators stayed full of water. Refilled tank, bled radiator and put heating on but nothing and pipes to radiator stone cold aswell? any advice would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Air-locked. I thought just the rad had been drained initially as I mis-read the post. The OP has drained the system. Turn all the other rads off, and run the c/heating. That may shift it.

If not, turn the pump up (if possible), shut the bypass off if you have one and ensure the h/water is not calling for heat.

Once its cleared, re-open the bypass (to what it was set to) and turn the pump back to its original speed.

Thanks i will try that, do i have to turn all the other radiators off at both ends?
when i did drain down i connected a hose to drain off thing and emptied tank but only the radiator i was going to work on emptied all the others stayed full is that normal?or cause of the problem?i thought they should all empty?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back