Radiator pipes + Ethernet cable runs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey

Am planning to run a through Ethernet runs to different rooms around my flat.

Rather conveniently (I hope) the previous owner had boxing put along most of the rooms to hide radiator pipes / aerial cables etc - im hoping this will be the perfect place to do most of the Ethernet runs limiting the amount of wall I have to chase out.

Only concern is radiator pipes and the cables - obviously the pipes will be getting pretty hot, is there any sort of barrier product I can use to protect the Ethernet cables? Judging by the size of the boxing at the points where pipes are it might be fairly tight so the cables will be close.

Thanks
Marc

Sponsored Links
ethernet cables should cope with radiator pipe heat, just dont pull them tight in that box.

Hey

Am planning to run a through Ethernet runs to different rooms around my flat.

Rather conveniently (I hope) the previous owner had boxing put along most of the rooms to hide radiator pipes / aerial cables etc - im hoping this will be the perfect place to do most of the Ethernet runs limiting the amount of wall I have to chase out.

Only concern is radiator pipes and the cables - obviously the pipes will be getting pretty hot, is there any sort of barrier product I can use to protect the Ethernet cables? Judging by the size of the boxing at the points where pipes are it might be fairly tight so the cables will be close.

Thanks
Marc
You could lag the pipes if you have space.

I seem to recall cat5 cable tied to heating pipes at a previous job's old building and never saw any ill effects, do have to mind kinks and snagging if you're pulling through.

Sponsored Links
Lagging is something I should be able to fit in there actually thank you will get that done before pulling through the cables

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back