Radiator symptoms and fix

B

BobTodd

I'm guessing this is a simple air pocket / bleed-to-fix issue.

One of my radiators isn't getting warm from around half way upwards. I can hear a water trickle sound when the radiator is on, when off the trickle is not there.

Can you tell me from the pic, is this the bleed valve (at bottom which is unusual?) and does it look like a standard fitting for a standard bleed key? Could I Have a go with an adjustable spanner?

Thanks for advice.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/853/20111030084313.jpg

Sponsored Links
No, that's just the spindle on the valve. Nothing at the top? Maybe on the back of the rad?

No, that's just the spindle on the valve. Nothing at the top? Maybe on the back of the rad?

Top of radiator we have:

rps20111030091117.jpg

AND

rps20111030091154.jpg

Sponsored Links
your bleed vent is top right hand side. you need a bleed key or small flat blade screwdriver to fit, and a cloth. cover with cloth and loosen it until you hear air coming out. do not take it out completely. close when the air stops.
if you have a pressurised system you will need to top it up again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back