Radiator valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I moved into my house relatively recently and just noticed that none of my radiators have plastic covers on the valves. I know that there should be one lockshield valve and one that turns so that you can turn off the radiator.

I am going to buy some plastic caps but am not sure which cap should go on which. Does it matter?

I have also noticed that the radiators heat up to different temperatures. I assume that once I get the caps on the right valves then I can just turn some up or down. Is that right?

Sponsored Links
All the plastic caps are different, make specific. Occasionally there's an ad from a firm which makes a universal type for care homes etc, to protect falling people.

I assume that once I get the caps on the right valves then I can just turn some up or down. Is that right?
Sort of!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back