Radiator water fizzy?

m0t

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bled one of the two radiators in the bedroom earlier and quite a bit of air came out and then the water that came out after that was fizzy, not hugely but enough to keep bubbling for a while in the cup I used (plus it was obviously frothy as it came out of the rad).

I suspected there might have been air in the system because I drained it completely earlier in the year to relocate a radiator so had lots of the pipe apart under the floor downstairs.

I've not ever had fizzy water out of a rad before, should I be worried about that? The rad next to it was fine.

System is a gas combi with 7 rads on it.

Sponsored Links
Could be hydrogen rather than air, in which case you have a serious corrosion problem that needs attending to ASAP

• Thanks
Reactions: m0t
What would cause that?

For info the boiler is 4 years old, the rads are all between 0-4 years old (as is the pipework), there's a magnaclean fitted which never looks particularly dirty and the water I flushed out last time was completely clear.

We live in a hard water area and I used a sentinel inhibitor when refilling the system.

Sponsored Links
Could be a micro leak on a negative pressure area of pipework, drawing air in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back