Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Switch is on water only but heating still comes on very hot,
despite being on minimum.Does any one have
any ideas what the problem could be?

Sponsored Links
weareleeds said:
We may be good but we ain't mind readers what blr is it what kind of system etc.etc.etc.

Many thanks for your reply

The boiler is a GLOW-WORM CAPRICORN 240/6 which rests behind the gas fire i.e. backboiler and its a gas fired system.

The problem started last week when one morning with both switches(heating and water) on the radiators did not heat up and only got hot water.
Then the following morning they started heating up but they heat up now even when the switch is on water only.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
andy said:
sticky 3port valve?

The problem started last week when one morning with both switches(heating and water) on the radiators did not heat up and only got hot water.
Then the following morning they started heating up but they heat up now even when the switch is on water only.

Any idea as to the cost of fixing this problem.
I have a back boiler gas fired system - GLOW-WORM CAPRICORN 240/6.

Thanks in advance

adcomarc said:
andy said:
sticky 3port valve?

Thanks in advance

find out if it is the 3port valve first... thats if you have a fully pumped system. if it is the valve, replace it

andy said:
adcomarc said:
andy said:
sticky 3port valve?

Thanks in advance

find out if it is the 3port valve first... thats if you have a fully pumped system. if it is the valve, replace it

Thanks a lot for your advice Andy.Yes it is a fully pumped system,i will get the valve replaced.

Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back