radiators not getting hot upstairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I live In a 3 storey property the combi boiler is on the ground floor, the radiators on the middle floor get warm but nothing like as warm as the gound floor. The radiators on the top floor only get luke warm, I have tried bleeding them over and over again makes no difference. The way the system is connected is like a electrical series circuit, 2 15mm going up to the top floor and in a loop around the rads with a connecting pipe between each rad valve. The combi boiler was fitted just before we moved in, The remains of the old system can still be seen in the loft and i believe the old boiler was on the middle floor. Is it a case that the pipe work is not suitable for a combi boiler on the ground floor? Can anybody help please? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
ONE (OR MORE) RADIATORS NOT WORKING

Try these checkpoints

1) First check that the lockshield valve is fully open and the trv (if fitted) is not stuck.

2) Turn off all the other rads to force the flow into the cold one(s)

3) Bleed all rads especially offending one

4) Balance your system (details above)

5) Take off the rad and flush out

6) With the rad off, open both valves(one at a time) to get rid of an airlock and to ensure a healthy flow into a bucket.

7) Is the rad a new installation as part of an extension etc?. Look at how it has been piped up. Better flow is achieved when it is fed straight off the flow and return.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your prompt reply. I have fitted all new radiators upstairs (the problem was there before) Where will i find the trv valve please? and is it required? ive tried closing all the other radiator valves makes no difference. I also tried putting a bucket under the valves and turning the valves on before fitting the new rads there was a flow of water i dont thint the pressure was great. The boiler is running at 1.5 bar

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back