radiators not getting warm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i hope someone can help,
my daughter has a potterton flamingo boiler, whats happening is the downstairs radiators are not getting hot but upstairs are, all controls on the programmer are set for htg and hot water to be on 24hrs, if the cylinder stat is turned up the boiler fires up for a bit and then goes off, there is no boiler stat so the boiler should be on until the rads are all hot. my thoughts are that the pump has packed up, would i be right, if not can anyone suggest any other reason....boiler stat maybe, im just trying to work through this logically but any help would be appreciated.
my other problem is where would the pump be i cant find it, i guess it might be under some floor boards somehwre but how the heck do you find it
thanks in anticipation
Bill

Sponsored Links
Sounds very much like the pump. Well 'Sherlock Holmes' your going to have to do a bit of investigation. That pump is somewhere between the boiler and you airing cupboard, where I presume 'Watson' is your hot water cylinder. Joking apart it does seem to be your pump and you need to find it, and yes it has been found in stranger places than under floorboards. :eek:

moggridgeplumbing,
i really appreciate your reply,so im on the right track then thank god, can you think of any way to track the pump down, ive checked all the accessible places such as by the boiler....by the hot water tank...took a false wall apart in the bedroom and found the flue in there but no pump so i take it i have to start lifting floorboards??
thanks again btw
Bill

Try to think how would you run the flow and return pipes from the boiler to the HW cylinder. Even an ear to the floor can sometimes help. Not easy I know, but try to think logically. If you pull back a carpet, are any floorboards, showing signs of being cut or lifted in the past?

Sponsored Links
ok found the pump and its working ok, also found the diverter valve there and that appears to not be working properly its a drayton flowshare 2 is it possible to get the synchronus motor for these or do you have to buy the whole actuator
thanks
Bill

i have purchased the above motor and it looks like the one thats fitted, but the old one seems to be fixed in place in the valve head, do you have to drill the old fixings.....which look like rivets
thanks
Bill

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back