Radiators....sometimes hot, sometime not...loosin pressure!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i recently fitted two new radiators for my next door neighbour...i\\\'m an apprentice so my knowledge is not full...i do not have to change much pipework as he was only going for two shorter double convector radiators compared to two long single panel..as he was creatin a double door way into his lounge.

However i\\\'ve been called back a few times..he told me the rads i fitted are fine from the morning up until about 5pm, when they suddenly go off whilst the upstairs radiators remain hot...but then later on they all seem to go off together and stay off...i first went back and balanced the radiators as i thought this may be the problem...however it is still happening...plus this is the major confusin bit for me...when the rads go cold my neighbour goes to look at his boiler outside and the pressure is dropped to nothing...however all my pipework is visible and there is no leak!! i thought it may just be air trapped and releasing itself from the automatic air release on the boiler but i bled the radiators the first time i went round and filled the pressure myself.

It\\\'s a combi boiler, Gas, made my Hamstead, it\\\'s a quatro or summin...not 100%.

The boiler is outside but boxed in...i believe the pipework runs from outside, into the building, upstairs...does the rads up there (3 bedroom rads- NO bathroom or towel rail)...then comes down the wall and to the two new rads i put in....There is also a seperate circuit of two rads in the extension on the ground floor which possibly tee off as the pipework runs from the boiler to upstairs. These also get just as hot as the upstairs rads and remain on when the two new rads first go off (well luke warm opposed to red hot)...This problem did not occur before the new rads were put in!

Thanks in advance for any help guys! :cry: :?:

Sponsored Links
could it be the hot water kicks in at 1700 and starves the rads downstairs?

u said the pressure was down to 0......did the pressure rise to much and operate the prv ? ..(poss exp vesell problems if pressure yoyo's like that)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back