Radiators upstairs cold hot downstairs?

Thanks transam. It was just the actuator. I followed the previous wiring - all the wires (blue, brown and orange) from all actuators were in the same terminals. Only separate one from the actuator was the grey. May be that the room stat live brown is not seated well/correctly in the terminal. Will have another look. Thanks.

in which case the valve (body) is not shutting completely and needs replacing is my guess

Sponsored Links
Check to see if the spindle is stuck. New valve is best way if it is. Check if actuator operates correctly when it's off the valve. You should know which way to go then.

Thanks transam. It was just the actuator. I followed the previous wiring - all the wires (blue, brown and orange) from all actuators were in the same terminals. Only separate one from the actuator was the grey. May be that the room stat live brown is not seated well/correctly in the terminal. Will have another look. Thanks.

You have the wiring wrong - the brown should be separate, it is the motor control from the thermostat.
Screenshot_20210411-154731_Drive.jpg

As above but you can “ease” the spindle. If they have been stuck in the open position for a long time, debris can make it stiff to turn.
Take the head off & see if it works correctly from the room stat

Sponsored Links
All mot valve connections join with each other except the brown which is the switch live from whatever thermostat it’s controlled by. Call for heat on brown then livens orange after 6 or 7 seconds. Once satisfied, brown loses voltage & de powers orange (boiler swl)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back