Rads not working - tried evrything I can think of.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Have just moved a rad about 20 feet from old position. Topped up system to correct pressure etc and bled all the rads so water was coming out.

Turned CH on and none of the rads are heating up now. Thought was an airlock so tried all the usual tricks, closing them all down, one open to force the air etc etc and nothing has worked.

The pump is woking fine, can hear it and am also getting hot water coming from the boiler and down to the manifold where pipes go off to rads, but thats as far it will go. Just cant seem to draw the hot water into the rads.

Its a firebird poular 90 with riello if it makes a difference.

Any sugestions?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
poss the manifold is blocked

Yeah thought of that but the manifold is getting hot with the water and a few of the pipes are warm as though its trying.

And I can also draw water easily when i bleed rads so surely this means the water is getting through manifold???

Im stumped!

maybe a block on the return manifold.

as for bleeding the rads if the flow manifold was blocked you can still bleed rads as the water will come through the return.

but i'd check return.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a go at the manifolds tommorrow and see what happens.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back